Fascial Stretch Therapy is a Game Changer

by | May 31, 2018 | Wellness, Workout

Fascial Stretch Therapy (or FST), is a type of stretching that targets not only the muscles, but the fascia. Fascia is a band or sheet of connective tissue, primarily collagen, beneath the skin that attaches, stabilizes, and separates muscles and other internal organs.

Fascial Stretch Therapy is a little to no pain practice that manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns, and re-organizes your fascia. FST also targets the entire joint and joint capsule, using traction to remove restrictions from movement and to stimulate lubrication.

Traditional isolated stretching and PNF contract-relax technique only focus on GTOs and inhibiting spindles. These are only 20% of our mechanosensory system. The remaining 80% are free nerve endings.

The advantage of the FST method is its ability to manipulate entire fascial chains (lines or continuities) simultaneously. This is more efficient than trying to manipulate one mechanoreceptor or one muscle at a time.

One Health Clubs Certified Personal Trainer John Fortich is a Level 2 Fascial Stretch Therapist and is available for FST sessions at our Mississauga location.

“One way to look at is Fascia is the path in your body that allows for signals to and from the brain. If fascia is restricted, then those paths will be narrower and cause the signals through the body to slow down resulting in poor range of motion or movement. If the fascia isn’t restricted, then the signals coming thorough function more efficiently.” – John Fortich 

FST Success Story Share: 

I am currently treating a client with SI joint pain or Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction. They have had this for 27 years and it’s preventing him from being able to lie on his back when sleeping at night. He’s been suffering from lower back and glute pain while sitting down and walking, and also is a reason why he doesn’t exercise. 

Today, he told me that he can now sleep lying on his back pain free and he can walk with less pain! This was achieved with only 3 one-hour sessions!

I am extremely blessed to be able to remove pain, allow better movement, and greatly improve quality of life for others! The next step would be removing the issue completely and allowing for more movement to strength train! If you have been experiencing chronic pain and soreness, try Fascial Stretch Therapy out! – John Fortich

Interested in seeing what FST is all about? Click here for a FREE FST session or contact us and speak with our Health Centre Manager.

Pin It on Pinterest

Chat Bot