7 Tips for Yoga Balance Poses
Yoga offers a wide range of health benefits and is a great way to enhance the lifestyle we live and to infuse this practice into every aspect of our lives.
Balance poses are practiced in most yoga classes and offer us both physical and mental benefits.
Physical Benefits of Balance Poses:
Each balance pose can be used to build strength in different body parts, muscles and joints. As we deepen the practice, we engage new elements into the pose to reach the next level. There’s always a progression available in any pose, so we can improve the practice anytime we feel ready!
Mental Benefits of Balance Poses:
Balance Yoga Poses were found to be very helpful in relieving stress and reducing inner tension. Additionally, they improve focus, concentration and memory. Finally, the unquestionable benefit of the poses is the ability to control emotions in critical and stressful moments.
CLICK here and give this sequence of balance poses a try.
7 Tips to Help You do Balance Poses
1. Start the pose from the base, broadening the surface of touch with the ground and rooting it down, may it be a hand, a foot, both hands or both feet, the forearms, or the head.
2. Keep your gaze gently fixed on one point not too far ahead.
3. Move into and in your balance poses slowly and consciously. Abrupt movements can shake us out of balance.
4. When needed, use your hands or a wall to gain stability.
5. Pay attention to the position and movement of the head because an important part of our equilibrium system is in the inner ear.
6. Keeping your breath calm and steady can help a lot to stabilize mind and body.
7. Don’t be afraid to fall dawn! Adopt the attitude of a child playing, and learn to laugh if you fall out of your pose.