Easy Gluten-Free Pecan Waffles
If you’re on a gluten-free diet or simply looking for a healthier breakfast option, this waffle recipe is easy to make, and tastes delicious.
Pecans are often an underrated nut. They’re packed with antioxidants and minerals.
The humble pecan is full of incredible nutritional gains including: vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, thiamin, and zinc!
And that’s not all, an ounce of pecans provides about 10 percent of your Daily Recommended fibre intake. They’re naturally sodium-free and contain natural protein.
Because pecans have a high-fat content, like avocados, they promote heart health through unsaturated fats. They’ve also been linked to helping reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and can reduce the symptoms of PMS.
Celebrate the weekend with this healthy and delicious Pecan Waffle recipe the whole family will enjoy!!
HOT TIP: They freeze well too, so you can make a double batch and save some for a healthy grab-and-go snack option during the week.
Gluten-free Pecan Waffles Recipe
1 cup almond flour
1 pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
4 eggs (divided)
2 tablespoon coconut oil (don’t melt)
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond milk
1) Preheat waffle iron to a medium-high setting
2) In a large bowl mix almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, pecans, and flax
3) Separate egg whites and yolks
4) Combine yolks, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and milk and mix with hand blender until fluffy
5) Combine flour mixture into yolk mixture and set aside
6) Beat whites until fluffy, fold into flour and yolk mixture
7) Spoon batter onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden